IIST 2022 Application form will be released from the 1st week of June 2022 through online mode only. Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology (IIST) regulate a national level admission procedure for candidates seeking admission in offered programs of IIST. The admission procedure will be regulated on the basis of various national level entrance exams like JEE Advanced and GATE. Through this admission procedure, IIST will shortlist the candidates for admission in the seats of various UG and PG programs of Space Science and Technology at IIST campuses. Here in this article, we have provided the complete information candidates needs to know regarding the IIST 2022 Admission Procedure.
Following are the list of Programmes offered by the IIST:
For UG Courses:
- 4-Year B.Tech. ( Aerospace Engineering )
- 4-Year B.Tech. (Electronics and Communication Engineering (Avionics))
- 5-Year Dual Degree (B.Tech. + Master of Science/Master of Technology
For PG Courses:
- M.Tech in Aerodynamics and Flight Mechanics
- M.Tech in Structures and Design
- M.Tech in Thermal and Propulsion
- M.Tech in Control Systems
- M.Tech in Digital Signal Processing
- M.Tech. in RF and Microwave Engineering
- M.Tech in VLSI and Microsystems
- M.Tech in Power Electronics
- M.Tech in Materials Science & Technology
- Master of Science in Astronomy and Astrophysics
- M.Tech in Earth System Sciences
- M.Tech in Geoinformatics
- M.Tech. in Machine Learning and Computing
- M.Tech in Optical Engineering
- M.Tech in Solid State Technology
IIST Admission 2022 Dates
Here are the complete tentative dates for UG and PG IIST admission procedure:
For UG Courses:
|Commencement of Registration process||1st week of June 2022|
|Last date to submit application form||3rd week of June 2022|
|Publication of rank list||3rd week of June 2022|
|Seat allotment||4th week of June 2022|
|Commencement of classes||Last week of July 2022|
For PG Courses:
|Commencement of Registration process||2nd week of April 2022|
|Last date to submit applications||Last week of April 2022|
|Last date to submit application fee||1st week of May 2022|
|Display of list for interview||2nd week of May 2022|
|Interview||Last week of May 2022|
|Interview result||2nd week of June 2022|
|Commencement of classes||2nd week of August 2022|
IIST Admission 2022 Application Form
Following are the complete details with some key instruction regarding the filling of IIST 2022 Application Form:
- The Application form can only be filled through online mode.
- The registration process for UG courses will be regulated from the 1st week of June 2022 to 3rd week of June 2022.
- For PG courses, the registration process will start from the 2nd week of April 2022 to last week of April 2022.
- Candidates will have to fill the application form within the given time period.
- The application form will be available for eligible candidates only, so candidates must confirm their eligibility before applying.
- The details filled by the candidates in the application form must be authentic any alteration in the application form could cause rejection of application form.
- Candidates are advised to keep the printout of filled application form and fee receipt for future references.
Registration Fee payment for IIST 2022 Application form can be done through e-payment mode only.
The Application Fee for every category will be as follows:
|For male, General/ EWS/ OBC- NCL||Rs. 600|
|For Females, SC/ ST/ PwD||Rs. 300|
IIST Admission Eligibility Criteria
Following are the complete list of Eligibility Criteria’s candidates must satisfy to be eligible for the IIST 2022 Admission:
For UG Courses:
- Age Limit: Candidates must be born on or after 1st October 1997 and 5 year relaxation will be provided to the reserved category candidates.
- Qualification: Candidates should have passed 10+2 intermediate or its equivalent examination from any recognized board.
- Marks: Candidates should have obtained at least 75% (65%for SC/ ST category) of aggregate.
- Subjects: Candidates should have passed with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics (PCM) as mandatory subjects in qualifying examination.
- Score Card: Candidates must have valid score in JEE Advanced 2022.
- Citizenship: Candidates must be the citizen of India.
For PG Courses:
- Age Limit: Age limit of candidates must not exceeding the 32 years. There will be age relaxation for reserved category candidates.
- Qualification: Candidates must B.Tech/ B.E. / M.Sc. degree holder from any recognized institution.
- Marks Criteria: Candidates must have scored minimum of 60% (55% for reserved category candidates) marks in their qualifying examination.
- Score Card: Candidates must have valid score of GATE, UGC NET/ JEST exam.
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
IIST Admission 2022 Rank List
IIST will release the merit list after few days from the completion of registration process. Authority will release the merit list for those eligible candidates who will successfully register themselves and pay the registration fee. Authority will release the category wise merit list for every candidate.
The Merit list will contain the names of candidates those are shortlisted for the admission procedure. The IIST 2022 admission procedure will be regulated on the basis of rank of the candidates in the merit list. Candidates can access the merit list through the website of authority.
IIST Admission Cut Off
Authority will release the cut off marks for every registered candidate on the basis of their category. Each candidate will have to score more than the cut off marks prescribed for their category. On the basis of cut off mark’s, authority will shortlist the candidates for final admission procedure.
Candidates will be able to access the complete category wise cut off list through the website of admission regulating authority. For the ease of candidates, we will also provide the complete cut off list with the direct link of the website of admission authority.
IIST 2022 Counselling
The counselling procedure will be conducted by the IIST for shortlisted candidates only. Candidates will have to select their preference of courses and IIST campuses and then authority will allot the seats to the candidates on the basis of their rank and vacant seats.
Candidates will have to reach at the allotted center within given time period for confirming their admission. Candidates will have to complete all the formalities for confirming their admission including paying the semester fee.
Candidates will also gonna need some document at the time of counselling. Following are the complete list of required documents for the counselling procedure:
- Class X certificate OR birth certificate.
- Class XII (or equivalent examination) mark sheets (for those who appeared for this examination in 2020 and/or 2021).
- Class XII (or equivalent examination) certificate (for those who appeared for this examination in 2020 and/or 2021).
- Category (EWS/OBC-NCL/SC/ST/PD) certificates.
- Transfer Certificate from the institute last attended.
- Candidate’s AADHAR Card.
If you have any other query about IIST Admission 2022, then you can ask us by leaving your queries below.