These jobs are found in Country Offices (COs), Regional Bureaux (RBs), and Headquarters (HQ). Job holders may either perform administrative support functions in the front office and report to the Business Support Associate, or provide administrative support to team(s) with the reporting line to the relevant Head of Unit, Chief, or the designate. In cases where these positions support a specific business stream, the reporting line may be to the relevant Head of Unit, Chief, or the designate.
At this level, work is carried out under minimal supervision. Job holders are expected to produce organised and accurate work, undertaking specific business support activities. They may offer guidance on standard practices to more junior staff in their area of work.
To deliver standard business support processes for a specific professional area of work, to facilitate effective service delivery.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
• Answer the calls received from the affected population with respect and professionalism and provide relevant information to all callers by answering their questions/inquiries thoroughly, and allocate enough time for each call;
• Manage requests and grievances from the affected population in an effective and efficient manner;
• Assist, support and guide the affected population with issues related to WFP programmes with high patience.
• Follow up on complaints from the affected population with the supervisor to ensure that actions are taken effectively and in a timely manner;
• Provide feedback to populations that have filed a complaint;
• Use the call centre coding system; maintain and update the call centre database, by recording the calls with high quality for reporting purposes;
• During the distribution cycle; assist the Field Monitors and Partners in solving the issues and queries from the affected population;
• Collect essential data from callers to ensure all tickets in the database are accurately recorded;
• Conduct requested remote monitoring calls to support the M&E activities;
• Support the Call Centre Manager with additional analysis or follow-up;
• Perform other related duties as required.
• Dedicated assistance to be provided to the affected population with respect, consideration and sensitivity to maintain the high quality of the Call Centre section.
• Maintain updated database records with the required accurate information and the purpose of call for each case.
• Handle records and complaints from the affected population with confidentiality and professionalism.
Critical Success Factors:
• Good analytical skills; resourcefulness, initiative, maturity of judgement, tact, negotiating skills; ability to communicate clearly and exercise patience and discretion both verbally and in writing; ability to work in a team, and establish effective working relations with persons of different origins and cultural backgrounds