Job SummaryResponsible for the hygienic preparation, safe cooking and quality presentation of each dish within the restaurant’s menu. Ensures the highest standards and consistent quality in the daily preparation and keeps up to date with the new products, recipes and preparation techniques Job Roles & ResponsibilitiesPrincipal Accountabilities
- Adheres to all policies and procedures as prescribed by company operations
- Ensures that the equipment is maintained properly, that the highest standards of cleanliness are kept and that safe food handling is practiced at all times.
- Assists in managing the daily food preparation and duties assigned by the superiors to meet the standard and the quality set by the Restaurant.
Additional Job Roles & Responsibilities
- Works closely with the immediate superior to discuss customer demand, seasonal ingredient availability, and special events, and may also suggest menu options or new dishes.
- Inspects areas daily and ensures that standards of cleanliness and order of areas are respected
- Ensures that wastage and spoilage is controlled in the section. Immediately reports any non-conformance to Sous Chef/Immediate Superior
- Estimates the daily production needs and checking the quality of raw and cooked food products to ensure that standards are met.
- Checks deliveries to make sure that ingredients are fresh, quantities are correct, and that ingredients are properly stored and accessible to chefs working within the restaurant.
- Prepares food requisitions for the section and submits to the Sous Chef
- Ensures that HACCP standards are followed with consistency in the section
- Ensures all products are in date and that accurate labeling is used to identify expirations.
- Prepares safety and cleanliness guidelines for team members/subordinates and make sure they adhere to strict standards of professionalism and hygiene.
- Report work orders to the Sous Chef when deficiencies are noted or when maintenance is required and to follow up on the work orders in a timely manner.
- Guides and trains the subordinates on a daily basis to ensure high motivation and economical working environment.
- Ensures effective communication among the kitchens and with other department
- Knowledge of the preparation and recipe elements of their section and can identify ingredients used in the preparation
- Fully conversant with all health and safety and hygiene procedures.
- Knowledge of all standard procedures and policies pertaining to food preparation, receiving, storage and sanitation.
- Knowledge of Microsoft office package and Outlook
- Good communication skills.
- Good organizational skills and must show attention to detail.
- Food hygiene and health and safety
- Can effectively use all utensils and equipment to a high standard and is able to demonstrate above average skills in these tasks.
- Must have initiative and the ability to work independently. • Must be able to remain calm under pressure
- Good verbal and written communications skills in English
Job ExperienceTotal 3 year(s) On Job 1 year(s) GCC 1 year(s) EducationBachelor’s Degree in Culinary Arts or Food and Beverage related course
- Job Location
- Company Industry
- Construction & Building
- Company Type
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role
- Hospitality and Tourism
- Employment Type
- Monthly Salary Range
- Number of Vacancies