Our Group, an international Retail & Services Group in the Automotive Industry, operating since 1997, currently in 3 countries in Africa, with more than 250 employees, seeks to recruit for its offices in Beirut a Chief Accountant. The suitable candidate should have a passion for accounting and experience in this field. The role reports to the Group Financial Officer.Basic Functions: Ensure accurate recording and reporting of all financial transactions of the company. Ensure the accuracy, the authenticity and the proper treatment of the accounting transactions. Proper closing of the Trial Balance
- Prepares/reviews the accounting transaction to ensure proper, authenticity and the proper treatment.
- Prepares/reviews all company invoices and make sure that all services rendered are invoiced.
- Assists the CFO in the proper closing of the trial balance on monthly basis.
· Providing guidance to other accountants when needed.· Monitoring expenditures, analyzing revenues and determining budget variances and reporting the same to management.
- Ensures that company’s policies and procedures are in place.
- Proactively performs preventive quality controls and initiates corrective actions when necessary
- Perform full set of accounts and ensure timely closing of accounts.
- Produces accounting reports and monthly/quarterly/yearly statistics
- Cooperates with tax authorities in case of tax reviews
- Cooperates with Auditors
The company offers an interesting remuneration package and excellent career prospects in a positive working environment. Candidates who are interested should submit their application in English, quoting reference (CA/LEB), to: ghina.jaber@cerraservices .com All applications will be treated in strict confidentiality. Only suitable candidates will be contacted
- University degree in Accounting or Finance.
- 5 – 8 years of progressive experience in accounting, preferably in a multinational company
- Excellent knowledge of the English language; French will be considered an asset.
- Up to date knowledge of International Accounting Standards.
- Very good knowledge of ERP accounting packages, preferably Navision.
- Very good knowledge of MS Office applications and especially Excel Professional Competencies.
- High standards of business ethics and professional conduct.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Capacity to organize time and plan actions effectively so as to meet simultaneous deadlines.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Perseverance and results orientation.
Precision and reliability; ability to work autonomously
- Job Location
- Beirut, Lebanon
- Company Industry
- Automotive Repair, Spare Parts, & Support Services
- Company Type
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role
- Accounting and Auditing
- Employment Type
- Full Time Employee
- Monthly Salary Range
- Number of Vacancies
- Career Level
- Mid Career
- Years of Experience
- Min: 5 Max: 8
- Bachelor’s degree / higher diploma