At IBM, work is more than a job – it’s a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you’ve never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world’s most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
• Support of solution construction, implementation and systems integration, delivering high quality solutions to clients in response to varying business requirements.
• Tasks performed require integrating hardware, software, storage and network solutions. Identify project requirements, developing solution delivery, which may include vendors and subcontractors.
• Collaborates with others to provide services in carrying out assigned duties. Has latitude working within established processes and procedures.
• May be involved in new or complex designs, layouts, products, devices, components, methods or procedures.
• Ability to articulate and compare alternative approaches.
• Negotiation with specified objectives with client team is required.
• Works on professional level projects with minimal guidance from more experienced individuals.
• Position requires in-depth knowledge of one major platform, process or architecture.
• Performs assigned technical tasks including study, limited programming, and product installation.
• Must possess a strong operational knowledge of applicable operating systems, application programs, system diagnostics and remote support structure.
• Provides technical guidance and assistance to others; may serve as lead technical advisor for the IT team.
• Assists in the identification of new IT services opportunities.
• The employee focuses on individual/team/department/ operational objectives.
• Professional knowledge related to incumbent’s department or function.
• Engaged as an independent professional.
• Ability to articulate and compare alternatives approaches.
• Negotiate with specified objectives.
• Recognize problems related to project objectives.
• Creativity and judgment applied to professional technical, or operational problems. Independently generates solutions, based on analytical skills & business knowledge.
• Challenge the validity of given procedures and processes to enhance and improve or develop complementary adjustments /solutions.
• Works on special projects, or leads small teams, or manages routine technical/ operational activities or departments (national or international).
• Understands departmental mission and vision.
• Provides advice in technical/operational domain of specialization.
• Generally controls own work priorities and methods requiring tradeoffs.
Impact on Business/Scope
• Accountable for individual or team, or department results, and for the impact of the results on functional activities.
• Participates in overall departmental program planning.
• May have budgetary responsibility.
• Contributes by supporting activities that are subject to business measurements, impact customer satisfaction, or impact immediate costs or expenses.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
• Data engineer with SQL experience, and some basic Java
About Business Unit
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world’s economy. IBM Services partners with the world’s leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
Your Life at IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
Being You at IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
For more than six decades, IBM Middle East & Pakistan has played a vital role in shaping the information technology landscape of the region. Today, IBM is part of the region’s technological fabric, solving real-world business and societal challenges, through its offices in UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait and Pakistan, and also a diversity of centers across the region.
Within the region, IBM currently has groundbreaking initiatives in cloud computing, analytics, mobile, security, as well as nanotechnology, eGovernment, healthcare and many more, collaborating with leading educational institutes and governments. IBM supports hundreds of clients to drive transformation through technology, contributes to regional research & development programs and has an active Corporate Service Corps (CSC) program.
Reinvention is a keyword in the company’s history and, today, IBM is much more than a “hardware, software, services” company. IBM is now emerging as a cognitive solutions and cloud platform company.