Delivering the exceptional, every day
- Our purpose: our expertise, care, technology and insight create amazing work environments, helping our customers be exceptional every day.
- Our promise to our people: a place to work where you can thrive and be your best every day.
- Our promise to our customers: a trusted partner creating exceptional environments for your customers and people, adding value every day.
- Our culture – our core values and how we behave:
2. We are built on integrity and trust: integrity and trust are at the heart of all we do. We are the face of company. We treat others as we would like to be treated. We are proud to work for Mitie.
3. We go the extra mile: whether it’s keeping things running smoothly in a safe environment, looking for new ways to do things better or fixing problems, going the extra mile for our colleagues and customers and keeping our promises is in our DNA.
4. Our diversity makes us stronger: we are very proud of our rich and diverse culture and backgrounds. Our diversity creates ideas and insights. Everyone at Mitie has a voice and is treated as an equal.
5. Our customers’ business, is our business: we are a partner, trusted for our expertise and for putting our customers at the heart of everything we do.
- Knowledge of relevant procedures
- Level of customer Service
- Team Player
- Health and safety awareness and knowledge
You will be responsible and accountable for organising and managing a small team and sub-contractors, delivering facilities management services, planned preventative maintenance tasks, minor building fabric works and other operational tasks required to keep the site in good repair.
- Responding to work-orders raised by our clients for repairs, faults, minor issues etc.
- Manage all minor repairs to the building fabric and grounds
- To manage planned preventative maintenance tasks
- To manage and record management information as required for maintenance & repair activities
- To be an active part of the overall facilities management team on site
- Manage any sub-contractors on site
- Participate in the Health and Safety Policy of the company and report to line manager any dangers, hazards or other issues that may be encountered
- Conduct periodic quality and safety audits and onsite inspections
- Ensure staff training in way of tool box talks and any other training is up to date
- Any other duties which may be requested from time to time which are within the capability of the person
Knowledge skills & experience
- Good man management skills and the drive and enthusiasm to help drive the business forward
- Good interpersonal skills in order to facilitate effective communication between all key stakeholders
- Good general building and repair skills gained within the industry
- Must be able to take the lead in running programmes of work and refurbishment programmes on site
- Ordering of materials, hiring of plant and maintaining daily site diary
- Flexible approach to work and ability to work under own initiative
- Understanding of H&S, Environment and QA procedures
- A full clean driving licence
- High level of customer care skills with customer service focussed approach
- Ability to work as part of a close knit team
- Can communicate at all levels
- Computer literate with experience of MS Outlook, Word and Excel
- Experience in a similar role with a proven track record in the effective delivery of a programme of planned and reactive works.
- NEBOSH certification
- SSSTS qualification or equivalent
- Construction based qualification
- CSCS card
- Trained first aider
Health and Safety responsibilities
- Follow Group and company policies and procedures at all times;
- Report any apparent deficiencies in systems of work or equipment provided that may result in failure of service delivery or risk to health and safety or the environment;
- Use all work equipment and personal PPE properly and in accordance with training received;
- Report any issues or training needs to your Line manager and /or via your divisional incident reporting system;
- Ensure compliance with Mitie’s information security procedures in all activities;
- Proactively identify and report security risks to your manager;
- Report actual and suspected security incidents;
This job description Is intended to give the post holder an appreciation of the role envisaged for this position and the range of duties undertaken. Specific tasks and objectives will be agreed with the post holder throughout the period of employment. The job description may be varied from time to time by the Company to reflect changes in the post holder’s role and/or the needs of the business.