Who we are
Advance Consulting is a business development consultancy specialized in supporting private sector development and facilitating access to finance for green and inclusive Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs) in Agrifood and Renewable Energy, mainly in the MENA region.From our Headquarters in the Netherlands and offices in Jordan, Kenya and Burkina Faso, we work together as a team of 21 passionate consultants, working with associate experts in more than 60 countries around the globe. Our clients include SMEs, Development Finance Institutions (DFIs), Social Impact Investors, NGOs, donor organizations and governments.
Our work in Jordan
In Jordan, Advance Consulting supports the development of a sustainable and competitive agriculture sector through a growing number of programs and partnerships. We lead a three-year pilot programaimed at improving the competitiveness of Jordanian horticulture exports of SMEs. We test and demonstrate cost-effective innovations at vegetable farms in the Jordan Valley and the Highlands, and provide training to farmers on selected Good Agricultural Practices. Together with our partners, we work on improving post-harvest practices and stimulate higher-value export for horticulture producers towards the Gulf and EU markets. We contribute to an improved match between agricultural education and the labour market. We will expand our activities in Jordan with an innovative workstream to facilitate access to finance for value chain actors.
The Program Manager Horticulture will be responsible for one or more agriculture programs, working, together with four colleagues in the AC Jordan Amman office, and will regularly attend external meetings. (S)He will report to the AC Senior Business Consultant based in the Netherlands.
- Program and project coordination, in close collaboration with relevant team members, local partners and AC headquarters;
- Manage stakeholder relations: host meetings and events with local and international public and private partners, organise training days, demonstrations and expert missions;
- Develop technical support activities and packages for value chain actors;
- Lead/support data collection, record keeping, project reporting (a.o. to the Netherlands) and publications;
- Financial controlling and other tasks assigned.
We are looking for an outstanding program manager who is passionate about agribusiness and sustainable private sector development in Jordan and has an aligning vision on how to improve practices. You bring intercultural effectiveness, bridging the Jordanian and Dutch working cultures. You are entrepreneurial and organised with full digital literacy, a sense of humor and a positive and flexible teamwork attitude. You are inspiring and energetic, thriving in a broad and responsible role, orchestrating projects, working with businesses along the agricultural supply chain and able to engage with a broad range of other stakeholders.
- A master’s degree in agricultural economics, agronomy, international agribusiness management, or similar disciplines;
- At least 5 years of international work experience with various relevant stakeholders; preferably experience in Jordan or elsewhere in the Middle East;
- Deep understanding of agriculture, agribusiness, private sector development and sustainable value chain development;
- Relevant program experience involving public, private and civil society actors;
- Excellent planning, reporting, M&E, problem solving and relationship management skills;
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills in English; Arabic would be a big plus.
What we offer
At Advance Consulting you will become part of a unique international team. We offer you a fulltime position with a competitive salary and a variety of additional benefits, such as travel allowance, retirement benefits, travel insurance and an end-of-year bonus for high performers.
How to applyIn this procedure we work with Sustainability Works. Please send your CV (max. 2 pages) and a 1-page motivation letterno later than 7 March 2021.
- Job Location
- Amman, Jordan
- Company Industry
- Agriculture & Crop Production
- Company Type
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role
- Farming and Agriculture
- Employment Type
- Monthly Salary Range
- $1,500 – $2,000
- Number of Vacancies
- Career Level
- Mid Career
- Years of Experience
- Min: 5
- Master’s degree