The Payroll Officer is responsible for processing payroll, remitting payroll taxes and government reporting as well as preparing monthly, quarterly and year-end payroll statements.
• Enter new employees’ data (e.g. bank accounts and tax identification numbers) into internal databases
• Ensuring all payroll transactions are processed efficiently
• Collecting, calculating, and entering data in order to maintain and update payroll information
• Compiling summaries of earnings, taxes, deductions, leave, disability, and non-taxable wages and reporting on this
• Determining payroll liabilities by calculating employee income, social security taxes, employer’s social security, unemployment, and workers compensation payments
• Resolving payroll discrepancies
• Maintaining payroll operations by following policies and procedures
• Developing ad hoc financial and operational reporting as needed
• Answer questions about compensation, benefits, taxes and insurance deductions
• BSc in Accounting, Human Resources or relevant field
• Strong math skills with an ability to spot numerical errors
• Good knowledge of labour legislation
• Time-management skills
• Ability to handle confidential information
• Proven experience of 2-3 years as a Payroll Officer, Payroll Clerk or similar role
We operate and maintain urban and intercity transportation systems in 12 countries, on four continents, carrying more than 1.5 billion annual passengers on our networks.
Our parent company, RATP, is the transportation operator for Paris and the surrounding region. It ensures 12 million trips a day on one of the world’s densest and most multi-modal transportation network.
As the world’s fifth-largest transportation company, RATP Group runs and maintains tens of thousands of kilometers of subway, bus, tram, and urban or intercity rail lines around the globe.
Every day we innovate for smarter, more sustainable cities by designing, operating and maintaining networks for the well-being of our passengers. Our key words: passion and determination.