A leading company in Packaging industry is looking for
Plant Manager to drive continuous improvement and optimization of all processes.
Plant Manager Job Duties
The Plant Manager will oversee all daily operations of the plant from production and manufacturing to ensuring policies and procedures are followed. They develop processes that will maximize stewardship, safety, quality and productivity.
- Analyzes and organizes press and personnel scheduling to ensure desired flow of work can be maintained and deadlines met with staffing and production capabilities available.
- Performs the aspects of Quality Control on the production floor.
- Continually reevaluates personnel, practices and procedures to maintain and improve Quality Control, safety, levels of production, and morale.
- Keep abreast of new methods, processes and procedures in order to keep the department running smoothly.
- Leads and facilitates continuous improvement activity through utilization of Lean Manufacturing tools.
- Plan, organize, direct and run optimum day-to-day operations to exceed our customers’ expectations
- Increase production, assets capacity and flexibility while minimizing unnecessary costs and maintaining current quality standards
- Be responsible for production output, product quality and on-time shipping
- Allocate resources effectively and fully utilize assets to produce optimal results
- Develop team environment in department and resolve all packing issues in coordination with quality department.
- Implement strategies in alignment with strategic initiatives and provide a clear sense of direction and focus
- Monitor operations and trigger corrective actions
- Share a trusting relationship with workgroup and recruit, manage and develop plant staff
- Develop and maintain professional relationships with all external vendors and contractors and improve efficiency process through incorporation of new technology.
- Collect and analyze data to find places of waste or overtime
- Commit to plant safety procedures
- Develop systems and processes that track and optimize productivity and standards, metrics and performance targets to ensure effective return on assets
- Address employees’ issues or grievances and administer collective bargaining agreements
- Influence and learn from below
- Stay up to date with latest production management best practices and concepts