Our client a market leader in unifying corporate, non-profit, and governmental sectors is seeking a Policy & Advocacy Manager.
The Policy & Advocacy Manager will work closely with the Advocacy Director to lead the development and coordination of the company’s advocacy work and works to ensure that the company’s stakeholders continue to play a leading role in achieving their policy priorities by solving their challenges.
An excellent team leader, the Advocacy Manager is both a source of expertise to the wider staff team and a first-class convener, capable of drawing out the voice and the leadership of the company’s team and stakeholder. A sound tactician, the Advocacy Manager plays a critical role in developing the distinctive voice of our advocacy towards improved policies and ensuring strong synergies between the private, public, and third sectors.
– To lead, in partnership with the Advocacy Director, the development, implementation, and monitoring of the organization’s advocacy priorities and specifically lead on assigned advocacy objectives.
– To coordinate the advocacy team on a day-to-day basis with line- management, team members, Director, and the company CEO.
– To involve the Director in overseeing the development and implementation of the organization’s advocacy strategy, including the advocacy components of the company’s internal advocacy priorities list.
– In partnership with the Director, lead the Advocacy Team in the process of developing, implementing, and monitoring the organization’s advocacy strategy and feeding into the broader strategic vision for the organization.
– Work on building new and strengthening existing relations with the Saudi public sector.
– Develop strategic plans and lead an implementation for assigned advocacy objectives, and ensure cohesion of strategic plans and approaches across the team.
– Be responsible for ensuring the effective monitoring and evaluation of the implementation of the team’s strategic advocacy objectives and approaches and work with colleagues and members to update and improve where necessary.
– Use insight into the latest policy changes to update the team on advocacy targets and actions.
– Develop advocacy channels for the company to achieve relevant advocacy objectives.
– Initiate and maintain strategic relations with offices at different public sector entities.
– Build partnerships and coordinate work with the public sector.
– Establish and maintain a work with different public sector entities to ensure effective collaboration and implementation of the policy development, and joint cross-sectoral strategy.
– At least 2 years of proven knowledge and experience in public policy work.
– Proven knowledge and experience of the Saudi Legislative and Policy system and of working with relevant public sector entities.
– Experience in effectively managing or guiding the work of others to achieve results
– Experience in developing and implementing advocacy strategies.
– Excellent written and oral communication skills in both English and Arabic.
– Proven ability to develop consensus policy development and write high- quality policy papers
– Proven ability to develop and implement advocacy strategies.
– Able to motivate/inspire others with ideas- Innovative, energetic, solution-orientated approach to work.
– Ability to represent the company in different meetings on a daily basis both nationally, regionally, and internationally.
– Strong project planning skills with proven ability to organize and prioritize tasks and to manage own time efficiently.
– Ability to understand and manage project finances.
– Computer literate (Word, Excel, Outlook, Project, Powerpoint, Sharepoint)
– Available and able to travel across Saudi and internationally.
– Available to work long hours.
Future Careers Middle East Free Zone LLC was established as a Recruitment & HR Consultancy to service both Clients and Candidates across the GCC region. An experienced Recruiter with over 20 years demonstrated history working in Human Resources & Recruitment across the Middle East markets. Skilled in Negotiation, HR Consulting, Executive Search, Team Building, and Technical Recruiting. Strong human resources professional.
Our current portfolio consists of blue-chip and multinational clients, private sector, semi-government organizations, and startups.