• Quantity surveyors manage the costs on a construction project.
• They help to ensure that the construction project is completed within its projected budget.
• Price/forecast the cost of the different materials needed for the project
• Provide project cost estimation at the time of submitting tender.
• Prepare tender documents, contracts, budgets, bills of quantities and other documentation for sub. Contractors and vendors.
• Track changes to the design and/or construction work and adjusting budget projections accordingly
• Procure or agree the services of contractors and/or subcontractors who work on the construction of the project
• Measure and value the work done on site
• Approve payment to sub. Contractors and suppliers.
• Liaise with the client and other construction professionals, such as site managers, project managers and site engineers Select and/or source construction materials both finishing and stream materials.
• Prepare and document claims for variances, extension of time and preliminary cost.
• Prepare final closing project PNL report to the management of completion of work.
• Key skills 4-6 years’ experience with similar role in construction company.
• A good working knowledge of MS Excel Power point MS Word and the ability to learn how to use specialist software
• Excellent relationship building and interpersonal skills
• Attention to detail and a methodical approach to work
• Hands on experience in quantification and costing (estimation), tendering and effective subcontract procurement procedure, Contract Administration.
• Knowledge of QCS SMM Local CoC FIDIC forms of contracts adhering to techno commercial, contractual and construction process for building and infrastructure developments.
• Ability to demonstrate commitment to job, working within a team framework and being as a part of team
• Proactive, Service minded, result oriented, and pleasant with good interpersonal communication skill.
• Well organized, lateral thinking and ability to work effectively and independently under pressure to meet deadlines.
• Computer Literate (MS Office, Auto CAD).
• Education Bachelor of Engineering in Civil or equivalent Bachelor Degree in Quantity Surveying or equivale, MS/C is preferred
Ignite is a specialist Construction and Property Recruitment Consultancy. We are experts in the Middle East and Asia markets which we service from our offices in the UAE and UK.
Our consultants operate in a niche market making them experts in their sector. This allows us to offer our clients and candidates expert market knowledge whilst building long term relationships.
We pride ourselves on recruiting Construction and Property staff of all levels and disciplines. We offer the same high quality service whether you are recruiting or seeking work from Engineer through to Company Director level.