Under the direct supervision of the Security Associate and overall supervision of the Head of Field Office and technical supervision of the Head of Security (or his designate) in the Country Office, to support the management of WFP’s security operations in the Field office, and to support the management of the Covid-19 Duty of Care System, to enable the effective delivery of programmes that meet food assistance needs and maintain the security and safety of WFP personnel, activities and facilities
The Security Assistant will be contracted for an initial term of 12 months. Contract may be extended based on business need and satisfactory performance.
Key Responsibilities (not all-inclusive, nor exhaustive):
Under the direct supervision of the Security Associate and overall supervision of the Head of Field Office and technical supervision of the Head of Security (or his designate) in the Country Office, the Security Assistant will perform the following tasks:
- Review security threats and risks in detail and compile accurate reports on trends and situations that could adversely impact WFP operations, in order to ensure information is accurately collated and sent to field office management and senior security staff to support reporting and decision making.
- Review security related information (e.g. security incidents and events, security support to daily activities, etc.) and use corporate or local information management tools to produce a range of analyses and in-depth reports, to ensure that information is readily available for relevant stakeholders.
- Liaise and co-ordinate with local administration, security and law enforcement authorities, communities, UN/NGO security staff and other actors, to facilitate access for safe programme delivery and to mitigate potential risks against staff and other resources.
- Plan and co-ordinate staff activities during field missions and perform security assessments within the area of responsibility to support safe and effective programme delivery.
- Analyse security assessment reports following field missions and present detailed recommendations for risk mitigation to support security situation analysis and facilitate decision-making.
- Assist in advising the Head of Field Office on security risk management matters and safety issues in compliance with the United Nations Security Management System (UNSMS).
- Support the implementation of risk management mitigation measures, including Minimum Operational Security Standards (MOSS) to ensure compliance.
- Support the maintenance and management of security equipment and make recommendations to strengthen technology capacity in line with business requirements.
- Monitor and ensure that all access control procedures are effective and stringently followed by all staff and visitors, in order to maintain a safe and secure environment.
- Maintain and develop recommendations for improving emergency and contingency planning documentation including physical preparations and procedures, to support preparedness for a crisis.
- Deliver security training to staff and review security training needs in order to develop measures to meet business requirements.
- Supervise and provide on-the-job training to other staff supporting their development and high performance.
- Conduct field visits to WFP and its CPs activities including regular visits to distribution sites and warehouses and compilation of security recommendation for improvement and enhancements.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Prepare and send the daily and weekly security reports.
- Update the monthly incident database.
- Facilitate the entrance of daily visitors (vehicles and workers for WFP works, etc…)
- Participate in the security cell & ASMT meetings (if applicable).
- Facilitate the security briefing for newly recruited International and National staff members.
- Having the newly recruited staff members’ details and update him/her to the list of warden communication tree and UNDSS list of SMS recipients.
- Initiate Warden Communication Tree to account / inform staff members and send Alert SMS. (Sending advisories/ alerts by what’s app/SMS when necessary to all staff members).
- Follow up on the outcomes of the Warden Communication Tree and quick head counting check during emergencies.
- Follow up on issuance of UN ID with CO Security unit.
- Prepare missions documents for the monthly monitoring plan for different WFP units and follow up with clearances/approvals from different parties.
- Leading/facilitating access for field missions to different parts of the SRM Areas.
- Prepare mission feedback reports after implementation of each mission.
- Participate in coordination for Senior United Nations Officials’ missions/clearances/convoys.
- Coordinate with government/security authorities before and during conducting missions.
- Responsible for Guard Force management for WFP Office and facilities.
- Follow up on daily basis the guards’ performance.
- Assist in work of CCTV, access control, and security equipment and follow up on maintenance.
- Continuously & closely monitoring the situation in the AoR and keep management timely updated with recent developments.
- Keep monitoring staff movement/ vehicles on daily basis and advise accordingly regarding any security concern. (make sure drivers report to Security Unit prior any movement).
- Participate in applying security procedures for staff relocation/ evacuation during emergency.
- Attend training courses (ETB, IFAK/ firefighting…).
- Participate in and coordinate to conduct trainings/ briefings/ awareness sessions for staff members.
- Conduct a security assessment for a proposed WFP warehouses/ site.
- Follow up on the implementation of the Security Measures recommended in WFP offices and warehouses.
- Being on standby at any given time during weekends.
- Conduct inventory with support of CO BSA upon request.
- Send flash reports/ updates of security situation/ developments to management.
- Enter weekly/ incidents’ reports into SIMSAS.
- Participate in weekly meetings and provide a security update.
- Participate in ad-hoc meetings/senior staff meetings and be prepared, at all times, to provide security updates.
- Accompany Program Unit to visits/activities, and advice on security related matters whenever observed as and when need be.
STANDARD MINIMUM ACADEMIC QUALIFICATIONS:
Education: Completion of secondary education, supplemented by relevant technical/military/police courses and/or university courses in a relevant discipline.
Experience: At least five (5) years of progressively responsible work experience in the Security Field such as military/police officer, Security Analyst, or any relevant security experience. UN/NGO security experience is a plus
Language: Fluency in both oral and written communication in English and Arabic.
Desired Skills and Knowledge:
- Has applied knowledge of security operations technical processes which must be adhered to in day to day work
- Has supported security operations efforts as directed.
- Has supported in providing ad-hoc technical guidance to staff members.
- Job Location
- Company Industry
- Non-profit Organization
- Company Type
- Non-Profit Organization
- Job Role
- Support Services
- Employment Type
- Monthly Salary Range
- Number of Vacancies