• The senior auditor is to participate in external Audits, supporting the manager in the execution of the work plans and guiding the lower grade auditors.
• He or she also supervises multiple client engagements and other related assignments under the general direction of more experienced engagement team members.
• Demonstrate logical business judgment and informed decision-making skills.
• Oversee and direct a compliant and accurate auditing process
• Provides guidance and training to assist staff in achieving the objectives of an audit and conducts meaningful and timely performance reviews.
• Plan and oversee the auditing process
• Review team members’ work for accuracy and compliance
• Perform effective risk and control assessments
• Present audit findings and find ways to increase compliance and efficiency
• Coordinate periodical audits
• Degree in Accounting, Commerce or related field
• Professional certification (e.g. ACA, CPA, ACCA,)
• Not less than 4 years proven experience in reputable accounting or auditing firm
• In-depth understanding of auditing and control practices
• Updated knowledge of IFRS, applicable laws and regulations
• Proficient in MS Office (especially Excel) and audit software is a plus
• Good working knowledge of accounting information, while keeping up to date with changing financial rules and regulations.
• Effective time management skills particularly the ability to work across a number of audits at any one time.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including good presentation and report writing skills.
• Excellent numerical, analytical, and problem-solving skills combined with an inquiring mind and the ability to demonstrate sound professional judgment.
• Ability to form and develop effective working relationships with colleagues and clients.
Adib Al Chaa & Co. Chartered Accountants have been providing distinctive services for over 25 years as a leading accountancy firm in Qatar and an independent member of Crowe Global. Ranked the eighth largest accounting network in the world, Crowe Global has over 180 independent accounting and advisory firms in more than 130 countries. For almost 100 years, members of Crowe have made smart decisions for multinational clients working across borders. Our leaders work with governments, regulatory bodies and industry groups to shape the future of the profession worldwide.
With exceptional knowledge of business, local laws and customs we provide lasting value to clients. At Adib Al Chaa & Co. Chartered Accountants our professionals share one commitment, to deliver excellence.