The Vending Manager is a full-time, year-round position located in the Mammoth Hot Springs area of Yellowstone National Park. This position is responsible for supervising all phases of the Vending Department. Please note, housing is not provided for this position.
To learn more about living, working, and exploring Yellowstone, check out our website.
- Vacation, Holiday and Sick Leave
- Health, life and other insurance benefits
- Free Employee Recreation Program (hiking, photography, camping, wildlife watching, and more!)
- Discounts in and around Yellowstone
- Housing is not provided for this position
Why Yellowstone National Park Lodges
We are a welcoming community who work hard, share a real passion for the environment, and enjoy crafting memorable experiences for our guests. As part of the Xanterra Travel Collection, we are the primary authorized concessioner in Yellowstone, and as such, we are proud stewards of the park.
PLEASE NOTE: As we closely monitor the COVID-19 pandemic, we continue to adopt appropriate sanitization measures and are carefully following Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and state protocols for preventing the spread of COVID-19. We are dedicated to creating a safe and healthy environment for both employees and guests.
Connect with Us!
A Day in the Life of a Vending Manager:
- Supervise all phases of the Vending Department including, ice vendors, candy and soda machines, Camper Services snack items, and winter warming huts.
- Staff selection, employee training and development, effective use of work force.
- Maintains accurate inventory, rotates stock, reports inventory usage at period end.
- Purchases all vending product, supplies and vending equipment.
- Supervise the maintenance of employee laundry equipment, vending equipment and Company vacuum cleaners.
- Development and administration of budgets.
- Employee safety and safety training.
- Administration of the Vending operations in an environmentally conscious manner.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Support Services and Activities.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Leadership skills.
- Communication skills.
- Organizational skills.
- Merchandising skills.
- Knowledge for Microsoft Word and Excel
- Knowledge of DOT regulations pertaining to the operation of commercial motor vehicles.
- Basic clerical, office and accounting skills.
- Basic knowledge of electrical and mechanical maintenance.
- Knowledge of Company policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of Yellowstone facilities and services.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Ability to sit for long periods of time.
- Ability to work in a higher altitude environment.
- Ability to climb stairs.
- Ability to lift boxes of materials of 30 – 75 lbs.
- Ability to walk, reach, stand, as necessary to perform job duties as noted.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.